Your Eid Greetings Not Acceptable to Us, Mr Kejriwal
By M Wadood Sajid
We are not so uncharitable and uncivilised as to reject someone’s good wishes. We are a community that forgives and welcomes even an avowed enemy who approaches us with a smile, with open arms. But, regrettably, we cannot accept your Eid greetings because:
- You allowed BJP’s foulmouthed Kapil Mishra, Anurag Thakur and Parvesh Verma to poison the atmosphere of Delhi.
- They spewed venom against Muslims, but you did not take any action against them. Sure, you do not have Delhi police under your control. But you do have the Home Department. You do have the Law Department. You could have registered FIRs against these three [dangerous individuals] on behalf of Delhi Government. You allowed Kanhaiya Kumar to be tried for sedition but did not bother to register even a small complaint against these three [mischief mongers].
- You allowed the anti-Muslim riot to flare up on 24th Feb in east Delhi and to date you have not gone to see the riot victims.
- You believed BJP’s propaganda that a Muslim councillor was involved in the murder of an IB officer and got him arrested. This is despite the fact that that he is giving several solid proofs of his innocence.
- You announced to give Rs one crores to the family of the slain IB officer but did not think about the innocent people massacred by the rioters.
- Six mosques and four shrines were ransacked in a manner that has no parallel, but you did not visit even one mosque. Not only you, none of your ministers went there.
- Delhi government did not setup any camp for the displaced people but your government has taken the credit even of the camp that was setup by the Waqf Board.
- And when you noticed that by collecting, through donations, about Rs one crores for the riot victims, the Chairman of Waqf Board has ‘crossed his limits’, on the pretext of technical grounds you removed him from the Chairmanship of the Waqf Board. Sixty households looted and ruined during the riots have been deprived of receiving Rs one lakh each.
- Imams employed by Delhi Waqf Board were paid after five months after a lot of efforts and hassle and despite applications sent to you in this regard. [Sadly] You showed no interest in it.
- Several of temporary employees of Delhi Waqf Board have not been paid yet. The payment of salaries of the Imams of non-waqf mosques, whom before the election, and upon the advice of the Waqf Board Chairman, you had announced to pay, is stuck. Your officers, upon the directions of BJP, are deliberately pushing Waqf Board in the pit of destruction.
- You used the Corona pandemic and Tableeghi Jamaat to blame and reproach the Muslims. TV Channels used the issue to unleash a campaign of terror against the Muslims, but you did nothing to [stop or at least] weaken their campaign. You exposed the Muslims to these attacks even more.
- You detained more than two thousand Individuals associated with Tableeghi Jamat for spreading 30% of Corona. They continued to be harassed in [quarantine] centres for two months. Even when reports of majority of them came as negative, you did not tell us how many of them have been treated?
- You did not reveal, either, who was responsible for spreading 70% of Corona but kept talking about and emphasising upon 30%.
- Due to the sheer ‘venomous’ policies of yours, in Delhi, Muslim vegetable vendors faced brazen discrimination. They were beaten and their vegetables and fruits were looted. But neither you made any effort to protect these poor labourers nor did you utter a few words of sympathy for them.
- During the lockdown yet another hell was let lose on the victims of east Delhi anti-Muslim riots. Youths and even children were picked by the police, but you remained tight-lipped.
Please tell us who, in such a situation, will celebrate Eid?
We wonder how many colours of yours will we have to see because, like the BJP in the Central government, you too have plenty of time until the next election. After the aforementioned incidents all of our hopes and expectations from you have dissipated. Pleas tell us what shall we do with your hypocritical greetings. This Eid has arrived after 60 days of almost life-threatening lockdown and yet Muslims cannot offer prayers in mosques. So [in a situation like this] by not accepting your greetings they will not deprive themselves of a big reward.
As I said in the beginning [of this article] we are not a narrow-hearted and uncivilised community. On the occasion of this joyless and mundane Eid, from our sad and broken hearts, we return your greetings by saying Eid Mubarak.
Wadood Sajid is a senior Urdu journalist.
Translated by Urdu Media Monitor from Wadood Sajid’s FB
29 thoughts on “Your Eid Greetings Not Acceptable to Us, Mr Kejriwal”
Never ever forgive this wolf in a sheep’s hide.
The article is highly informative .In my opinion any Ulema who creates division in Ummah should be exposed. The behavior of Hsshmi Mian is unfortunately highly damaging .
Prof. Shamim Ahmad
How does one react to this? One would have called it heart felt if not for the author. For the same journalist has, in the past, been busy defending the likes of MJ Akbar – not on the basis that mere accusations do not make one guilty, but by citing his supposed Muslimness in fasting in Ramadan, never mind his penchant for alcohol as reported by virtually every colleague of his – and Firoz Bakht (Bhakt would be more apt) Ahmad – one need only read his op-eds in The Indian Express to know that he is a Zafar Sareshwala wannabe.
At the very least, it is hard to not be amused by supporters of such filth.
Infact Arvind Kejriwal has no role on this riot… that is cristal clear…
Asper this post No any Indian muslim and who beleave in secularism dont accept any wishing from congress because of THE LOST #BABARI_MASJID
And sick genocide in Delhi.
Before election personally approached to many people to vote you but only after that I came to you are also part of BJP. Sorry arvind we are not accepting you Eid wishes
Wadood Sajid ASSALAMUALIKUM WA RAHMATHALLAH WA BARAKAKATAHU. EID MUBARAK. Thank you very much for your excellent reply with our cummunity feeling, yes CM DELHI 100 % wrong st the time of Delhi POGROM 23/24/25/02/2020. he did not took any action on centers BJP GOVT DELHI POGROM. In my opinion 2002 Gujarat Model Riot repeated as 3 days free to RIOTING people’s same in DELHI 3 days free to DELHI POGROM by BJP GOVT police did not arreested HATE SPECH MAKER KAPIL MISHRA BJP MLA, ANURAG THAKUR BJP UNION MINISTER, PARVES VERMA BJP MP.now DELHI police arresting innocent citizens. But In Sha Allah “TRUTH ALONE WILL TRIUMPH “.
Very well said sir, one more point should be included when ladies were protesting against CAA, NPR etc, he did not once visit those places on humanitarian grounds nor as a chief minister
Senseless articles. You the people always putting muslim immah in danger all the time. Your eyes always seeing what you want to see and beliqbe.
Don’t have farsightedness. Pushing our community to the dark of hell. Always communalizing with politics.
,@ m Asad Either you are afraid of BJP or you are agent what a wrong he wrote we cannot even show our anger by writing,
i am not sure if you are under pressure by some one or you might be afraid of any body, we are Muslims, we have more and much higher responsibility for our community and country. India is our country. Millions of Muslims and great Warriors and Scholars has given their life for India, India belongs to us more than Hindu. Muslims never tried to kill in Innocent people , if not we would have not been minority today, Muslims ruled 800 plus year but still Minority just think the best rulers, best civilization, best hospitality, best religion, more generous in helping others, We are God fearing people not human.
Allah help those who help others. There is nothing communal here, No government is supporting muslims.
Every one is playing with Muslims, we have to be united and One . be proud of Muslim at least we have great people in Urdu media who is trying to show fact.
Well said… Jazak Allah
What? India belongs to Muslims more than Hindus? Lol…. you rightly said that Muslims ruled Bharath for more than 800 years and could convert you(20%) to Muslims but the majority still remains Hindus and you need to question your forefathers and yourself why? Why don’t you get your DNA checked before you call yourself a muslim… You have been taught on Islam becoz someone else was taught that. Hindu is not a religion and no one knows the roots of this becoz it did not exist. Muslims are obsessed with Hindu word and i pity that. You need to be united with humans but not on religious ground. If there is a separate God for muslims n you are treated separately why are you born like any other human? Thapa dikha?
Hope you are one of Rs. 2/- category of Sanghies tweeteretti hiding in a name of Muslim.
Sorry Brother if your family effected with that riots you can feel and understand. How the article is senseless. He exposed Mr kejriwal. Please think.
Allah with us
Kejriwal making Muslims fool, he is also member of Bjp, who kept silence during riots, Not supported innocent Muslims, also he has removed his Muslim party man without know the fact.
Did not book FIR against culprit, did not bother or support Muslim community , NO FIR for any Hindutiva member.
Did not even visited shaeen bagh single time to support .
How can we expect these politician to help us or follow as mentor.
in Covid-19 police has detained many young Muslims guys and booked FIR against them , Kejriwal supporting UP Govt
Time will show you the reality. Until then you can hate Kejriwal.
Very bold points by writer…This article must reach to AK and his team, and muslims members of his party..
WELL PRESENTED I WAS A FAN OF AK
BUT HE HAS BETRAYED THE TRUST OF MUSLIMS AND DALITS FOR HOM BEING CM
ALL HIS ACTIONS RIGHT FROM SHAHEEN BAGH TIL THE BJP GOONS BURNT DELHI
HIS SILENCE AND TACTICAL SUPPORT CLEARLY ESTABLISHES THAT
AAP IS A B TEAM OF BJP AND RSS
You never ever the fan of arvind kejrival it is a big lie, if you honest you never comment such baseless, it is cristal clear there was no role of Arvind Kejriwal on this riot..
Awestruck. Such a qualified person and he too full of venom against Muslims ?
InShaaAllah truth will prevail . We Muslims always have faith in Allmighty Allah. BJP, Kejriwal and like other people can plan to destroy Muslims but remember Allah swt is the ultimate planner .
Allah is Great
Appreciate the transparency and boldness in detailed analysis. We need honest journalists like you who cab speak on behalf of our community.
We fully agree your feelings, expressions and concerns, about Muslims community. But we need to plan that in future people like AK should not take us for granted they must be afraid of taking any decision which should be detrimental to his position as CM. Every thing should be done lawfully.
Please prepare our children to become Doctors, Engineer, Lawyers, police officer , IAS officers, Income tax officer, even politicians,etc then we may also plan counter move in case any body tries play foul game with us. We have to decide now, we cannot live on mercy of likes of AK’s or for that matter any body else. Reporting is essential but taking remidial actions is the need of the hours.
Jazakallah Khair .
Well said. An open enemy is better than a doubtful ally. He is not only doubtful but a hypocrite.
Sachar committee report says right thing about Muslims that they are backward in socio economic terms than dalits. The very reason is this article followed by this comments. Disgusting and hyporiatic thinking.
Excellent! I used to like him because I thought he was a real secular leader. After Delhi riots, I realized that this man and most of his team in AAP are Closet Sanghis and I have no doubt about it.